They Came from Beyond the Grave!
- They Came from Beyond the Grave! contains a mix of serious threat, unmitigated ham, and nonsensical farce.
I urge you now: do not open this book. Do not read its contents. Walk away, live your simple life, and keep these creatures of darkness in the shadows where they belong.
Opening your eyes to this horrible world – where demons possess dolls, the undead stalk the night, the Devil walks among us, and mummies march from their tombs – is an act of incredible bravery, or perhaps, complete foolishness. Turn away now, before it’s too late…
No? Well, in that case, welcome to a little game called They Came from Beyond the Grave!
They Came from Beyond the Grave! is a dramatic, hammy, and horrifying tabletop roleplaying game encompassing the shock, terror, eroticism, and humor of 1970s horror. This game allows you to play with all the magnificent content from the movies of Hammer, Amicus, and Roger Corman, and promises the fun and thrills of the horror movie genre!
In They Came from Beyond the Grave!, you play humans faced with the horrors of the supernatural. You’ll find yourself pitted against vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and constructed critters, along with demons, slashers, and THE DEVIL HIMSELF. Adventures range from the one-shot exploration of a haunted house, to the multi-era play across the 19th century and 1970s.
They Came from Beyond the Grave! contains a mix of serious threat, unmitigated ham, and nonsensical farce. We never tell you what is amusing and what is not, but we do provide the tools to make a seriously fun game incorporating all the elements of 1970s horror movies. This game provides rules for funny quips and amusing cinematics for incorporation in a story, along with dozens of special powers and story devices.
They Came from Beyond the Grave! uses the Storypath System, provided in full in the pages of this book!
They Came from Beyond the Grave! includes:
- Five playable Archetypes — the Dupe, the Hunter, the Mystic, the Professor, and the Raconteur.
- Rules for character creation and play, using the Storypath System fully detailed in this book.
- Cinematic powers, such as the ability to tear through cheap sets, cut to black when everything is looking grim, and even cut to a montage to speed up play.
- Quips to throw in at entertaining moments, giving your characters a chance at an award-winning scene, or at least one that makes it into the trailer.
- Scores of monsters looking to hunt you down and make your lives miserable, from Dracula to Frankenstein’s Monster.
- Two ready-to-play scenarios, playable straight from the book.